- Homes for Sale
- MLS® System Search
- Park Lane Estates
- Our Blog
- About Us
- Contact Us
A residential neighbourhood in northwest Edmonton, Athlone is named after the Earl of Athlone who was Governor General during the period from 1940 to 1946. The westernmost segment of the region is referred to as Dunvegan.
According to the last census done federally, most of the construction in the area was done before the end of World War Two. Federal data suggests that around one in every fifteen properties were developed during this time period. The large majority of construction in the area happened between the end of the second world war and 1970. In this time frame a little over half of all residences were developed. There was a very small amount of construction between 1970 and 1990. The nineties saw a stage of improved development in Athlone, with approximately one in three homes being built during this time.
The prevalent type of home in the area is single family dwellings. This type of property accounts for a little more than 4 out of every 5 properties in the neighbourhood. Row houses make up about another 14.9% of all properties in Athlone. Almost all of the remaining properties are duplexes. About 73% of all properties in Athlone are occupied by their owners where the other 27% is rented.
Athlone has three schools in the area. Athlone Elementary and Wellington Junior High are managed by the EPSB (Edmonton Public) and Sir John Thompson Junior High is operated by the ECSS (Edmonton Catholic).
Baranow is a residential area in the Castledowns neighbourhood of north Edmonton. Containing a small amount of commercial properties on it’s south end along 137th avenue, most of the development in the area happened at two different times in history. The first interval happened between the end of the second world war and 1960. During this time about 12.5% of all home were built. The second interval happened after 1996 when the remaining properties in the area were built.
Low rise apartments make up the bulk of properties in the area, with most of them being constructed under 5 storeys high. This type of buidling makes up about 72% of all properties in Baranow. About 65% of these apartments are rented, with the rest of them being owner occupied condo developments. A large percentage of the remaining properties in the area are duplexes, about 79% are occupied by the person who owns the duplex.
The average household in the area is 1.5 people, which is considering modest in comparison to the rest of the city. About 47% of all residences have one person living in them, 40% have two people living within the property, and the last 13% have three people living in the residence.
The area is somewhat L shaped, as is a little bigger on the south boundary. 137th Avenue is considered the southern border, 153rd Avenue is the northern border of the neighbourhood, and 127th Street is considered the western border of Baranow. The eastern boundary of the neighbourhood lies on multiple streets and avenues in the area.
Baturyn is a residential area in the Castledowns neighbourhood of north Edmonton. 97th Street, which is considered a main corridor, gives access to the army base (CFB Edmonton), which is positioned just slightly to the north of Edmonton. Also this artery provides easy access to downtown as well as NAIT, which is one of the primary post secondary schools in the city.
According to federal data, about 73% of all properties were built between 1970 - 1980. Another 18% were built during the early 80’s, and by the middle part of the 80’s decade development was essentially finished in the neighbourhood.
The most frequent type of property in the area are single family dwellings. These make up about 71% of all properties in the area. The outstanding 29% of properties in the area are divided between duplexes and row houses. The majority of properties in Baturyn (86%) are occupied by the individual (s) that own the home, with the other 14% being rented out.
There are two schools in the neighbourhood. The Edmonton Public School System operates Baturyn Elementary School while the Edmonton Catholic School System operates St. Charles Catholic Elementary School.
The EPSB (Edmonton Public School Board) operates Baturyn Elementary while the local Catholic School System manages St Charles Elementary School. These are the only two schools within the neighbourhood boundaries.
Beaumaris is a neighbourhood in the north west of the city, and is named after a castle in Wales. The area is bordered by 153rd avenue, 97th street, Castledowns Road, and 160th avenue. Along the south of the neighbourhood you will find the area of Griesbach, downtown Edmonton, and NAIT.
During the last census it was reported that development of Beaumaris started during the 1970’s when about 25% of the homes in the neighbourhood were built. About half of the total current homes in the area were built during the 1980’s, with the majority of the rest built during the 1990’s.
During the last census it was reported the majority of homes in the area were single family homes, around 44% of all homes in the neighbourhood were single family. Apartment style properties make up about 37% of all residences
in Beaumaris. Around 11% of homes are row houses and 8% are duplexes.
About 77% of the homes in Beaumaris are occupied by their owner, with 23% rented out.
Caernarvon is located in the Castledowns region of the northern part of Edmonton. It is named after a castle in the country of Wales. According to the last census, a large portion of homes in the area were built in the 1970’s and 1980’s. During these years about 82% of homes were built.
The area has quite a mixture of types of homes, according to the last Edmonton census. The most typical type of home is the single family home. 59% of homes in the neighbourhood are single family. The next most popular type of property is the row house, which account for 22% of homes. Duxplexes make up about 13% of all the homes in the neighbourhood. The remainder of properties in the area (7%) are condos and rented apartments.
About 74% of the homes in Caernarvon are occupied by their owners, with the other 26% rented. The population of Caernarvon is somewhat stable, with over half of the people in the area living at the same home for over 5 years.
There are two schools in Caernarvon, Caernarvon Elementary and Katherine Therien Catholic.
Calder is an area in the north west of Edmonton, and was originally part of the Hudson’s Bay Company. Back in the early days of the city is was settled by employees of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway. It was originally it’s own town seperate from Edmonton, originally designed to provide shelter for the workforce of the railway. It was incorporated as part of the City of Edmonton in 1917.
The neighbourhood is bordered by 127th street, 113 A street, 127th avenue and 132nd avenue. During the last national census, it was discovered that about 11.5% of the homes in the area were built before WWII, with some of the homes in the area even being built before the first world war. 44% of homes were constructed between 1946 and 1960. About 17% of homes were constructed during the 1960’s and 19% were constructed during the 1970’s. The remainder of homes were built after that time.
The most popular type of home in the area is the single family home, about 65% of all residences in Calder are single family homes.
Canossa is an neighbourhood in the north side of Edmonton. As with most areas of north Edmonton, it’s location makes it a popular choice of military members as CFB Edmonton (the largest military base in Canada) is located on the north side of the city.
Canossa is a newer area of Edmonton. During the last national census, it was found the all of the homes built in the area were built after 1990, with about 70% of homes built during the last half of that decade. The last Edmonton census found that 84% of all homes in the area were single family detached homes. The remaining homes in Canossa were duplexes and row houses. 97% of homes in the area are occupied by their owners.
The average income in the area is quite a bit higher that the rest of the city, making it quite an exclusive area of Edmonton.
Named for Carlisle Castle in England, the residential neighbourhood of Carlisle is located in the Castle Downs area of north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The eastern boundary is Castle Downs Road, the southern edge is 137th Street, and the north is framed by 145th Avenue. The western boundary gets interesting. It starts a half block west of 123rd Street between 140th and 145th Avenues, then turns east to 121st Street, then turns south to 137th Avenue.
Almost 75% of the homes were constructed in the 1970s. Another 20% were built in the 1980s. The majority of residential construction occurred during those two decades. Roughly 54% of the homes are single family properties, followed by row houses at 26%. Duplexes make up 11% and apartments in low rise buildings with less than five stories make up the remaining 10%. Just over 67% of the homes are occupied by their owners.
The population in Carlisle is considered fairly mobile. Just over 13% of residents had moved during the previous year and an additional 23% spent from one to three years in the neighbourhood. Just over half have lived at the same address for five years or longer.
One school services Carlisle. It is St. Timothy Catholic Elementary School, part of the Edmonton Catholic School System.
Carlton, a residential neighbourhood in the north west section of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, is considered a family oriented area. Many homes have been recently built and the neighbourhood has incorporated various bicycle and pedestrian pathways throughout the district.
Carlton’s western border is 142nd Street, the northern 167th Avenue and the southern edge is framed by 153rd Avenue. The eastern border is a half block west of 134th Avenue. The western edge is next to the Rampart Industrial Park and a still rural part of Edmonton’s north west. The Pallisades neighbourhood is to the north, Oxford to the East and Cumberland to the south and south east.
The most common type of residential structure is the single family home, accounting for nearly 88% of the inventory. The remainder are duplexes. Nearly all, 97% of the homes, are occupied by their owners. The population is just over 5,300 and the median income is in the neighbourhood of $64,000. Vanguard College is nearby.
Located in a fairly new residential neighbourhood in the Pallisades area, Cumberland is in the north west section of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Almost all of its construction, over 98%, was completed in the 1990s. Nearly 91% of the structures are single family homes with the remainder being row houses. Just over 89% of homes are occupied by their owners. The area has a slightly higher income than the Edmonton average.
The northern border is 153rd Avenue, sharing that street with Oxford. 127th Street is to the east as is the division of Baranow. To the south are Pembina and Hudson Street, meeting Cumberland at 137th Avenue. To the west of the neighbourhood is the Rampart Industrial area.
The two closest schools in the area are McArthur Elementary and a branch of the Edmonton Catholic Schools just south of 137th Avenue. Shopping is available at nearby Castle Down Centre Mall and White Oaks Square.
Cumberland is a residential neighbourhood in the Pallisades area of north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
According to the 2001 federal census, substantially all residential construction (98.6%) in Cumberland occurred during the 1990s. Single family dwellings account for approximately nine out of ten (91%) of the residences in the neighbourhood according to the 2005 municipal census. The remaining one out of ten (9%) are row houses. Nine out of ten residences (89%) are owner occupide with the remainder being rented.
The average household income in Cumberland is higher than the average household income in the City of Edmonton as a whole.
The Dovercourt residential area has been a part of the City of Edmonton since 1913 but development didn’t start until the end of World War II. It is located in the north west section of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The western boundary is 142nd Street, the east is the St. Albert Trail, the north is the Yellowhead Trail and the south is bordered by 118th Avenue. Dovercourt Avenue is the area’s main thoroughfare.
Over 70% of the homes were built between the end of World War II and 1960. The remainder of the properties was completed mostly in the 1960s, with the development considered complete by 1970. Almost 88% of the properties are single family homes, followed by row houses at 9%. A few duplexes are scattered throughout the area. A good 80% of the homes are occupied by their owners.
Two schools service the neighbourhood, the Dovercourt Elementary Public School and the St. Rita Catholic School. The Ross Sheppard High School is just to the south of the area. Westmount Centre in the Woodcroft area offers shopping, entertainment and other services just to the south.
Also in Woodcroft is Coronation Park. This is the home of the Telus World of Science, a public swimming pool, ice arena, small football stadium and a lawn bowling court. St. Albert Trail, via Groat Road, leads to the University of Alberta and trendy Whyte Avenue to the south.
Sporting the name of a castle in Northern Ireland, Dunluce is in the Castle Downs area of north Edmonton, Alberta. The neighbourhood’s western boundary is 127th Street, the northern edge is framed by 167th Avenue, 112th Street is on the north east and 153rd Avenue is to the south. Castle Downs Road forms the eastern border.
Most of the residential construction was completed in the 1970s and early 1980s. Almost half, 49% are single family homes. Apartments make up 19% of properties, followed by row houses at 18% and duplexes at 10%. Mobile homes make up 5% of available housing. Roughly 64% of the houses are occupied by the home owners.
Two schools service the area. Dunluce Elementary School, part of the Edmonton Public School System shares the honour with the St. Lucy Catholic Elementary School. The Castle Down Recreation Centre is in the south east corner of the neighbourhood, home to Edmonton’s largest skate park. Shopping is available at Dunluce Square.
Elsinore is located on the north west end of the city of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It is part of the district of Castle Downs and is just south of the Canadian Forces Base Edmonton. Most of its northern border and a good portion of the western edge is undeveloped, rural countryside.
The eastern border is 97th Street. This is one of Edmonton’s main arteries and following it south leads to the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, midway between Elsinore and the downtown core. The Baturyn Community League Playschool and Precious Moments Before and After Care provide pre school and day care. A Catholic School is also in Baturyn, and an Edmonton Public School is on nearby 127th Avenue. The closest shopping area is at Namao Centre to the east.
Virtually all of the residences were built after 1985. Just over 82% of the residential properties are single family homes with the remaining being duplexes. Almost all residences in the neighbourhood are occupied by their owners.
Griesbach is located in the Castle Downs area in north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Now a residential area, it was once military property and a part of the Canadian Forces Base Edmonton. The land was purchased by the City of Edmonton and converted into a civilian residential community.
The most common type of home in Griesbach is the single family residence, accounting for 41% of the inventory. Row houses follow at 30% of homes, and duplexes make up the remaining 29%. Just over 91% of the residences are occupied by the homeowners.
The northern boundary is 153rd Avenue. To the east runs 97th Street and on the southern edge is 137th Avenue. Castle Downs Road frames the west. Travelling south along 97th Street brings you to the downtown core and the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.
The Major General Griesbach Elementary-Junior High School services the area. Shopping and other services are available at Northgate Centre and North Town Malls, both located at 137th Avenue and 97th Street in the areas south east corner.
Hudson is one of the newer residential areas in north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It is surrounded on three sides by the neighbourhood of Pembina with its southern border resting in the bottom of the U. Baranow, part of the Castle Downs neighbourhood, is to the east and Wellington is to the south.
Almost four out of five, or 78% of the homes in Hudson are single family houses, with most of the remaining properties consisting of duplexes. Almost all of the homes are occupied by their owners.
Dental and medical facilities are available in nearby Kensington. Shopping is convenient at Castle Downs Centre Mall, White Oaks Square and Kensington Crossing. The Castle Down Recreation Centre, home to Edmonton’s largest skate park is also nearby. Schools include the nearby McArthur Elementary and an Edmonton Catholic Elementary facility.
Inglewood is in the north western section of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. At one time, between 1946 and 1996 it was home to the Charles Camsell Hospital, named after the Canadian geologist and cartographer Charles Camsell. The northern boundary is 118th Avenue, the southern 111th Avenue and on the western edge lies Groat Road. A former Canadian National Railway right of way is to the east.
Residential development started before the end of World War II when about 12% of the homes were built. The majority were built between the end of the war and the late 1980s. The area was considered complete by 1990. Rental apartments make up 69% of the residences, most in low rise buildings with less than five stories. Only 25% of the homes are single family properties. Duplexes make up the remainder of the inventory. Over 75% of the properties are rentals.
The population of Inglewood is considered highly mobile, with only a third living at the same address for five years or more. Inglewood Elementary School services the area and the Inglewood Child and Resource Centre is available to assist families. The area is convenient to several shopping outlets and other services including the Edmonton City Airport.
Kensington is in north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The area was annexed by the City of Edmonton in 1913 but the residential development did not occur until just after the end of World War II.
Between 1946 and 1960 just over 27% of the homes were built. During the 1960s an additional 37% of the residential inventory was added. Then construction slowed until the mid 1990s when it again took off. Between 1996 and 2000 another 21% was added to the residential home numbers.
The most popular type of home is the singe family dwelling, making up 63% of residential properties. Rental apartments, many in low rise buildings of less than five stories, as well as apartment style condos make up another 23% of the housing market. The remaining are row houses. 71% of the homes are occupied by their property owners.
The Kensington Elementary School services the district, as does Kensington Daycare. There are dental and medical offices in Kensington. Kensington Crossing and Castle Downs Centre Mall are in the neighbourhood and The North Town Mall and Northwood Mall are just past the eastern border.
Named for James Lauder, a local farmer who owned the land during the late 1800s, Lauderdale is now a residential area in north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The eastern border is 97th Street, to the west is 113th Street and the northern edge is 132nd Avenue. The south is framed by 127th Avenue. Northgate Centre and North Town Mall are north via 97th Street, as is the Canadian Forces Bases Edmonton. Following 9th Street south leads to the downtown core and the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.
Most of the development in Lauderdale occurred after the end of World War II. Over 42% of the homes were built between 1946 and 1960. 33% of the homes were built in the 1960s with another 17% being added in the 1970s. Development was considered complete in 1980.
Single family homes account for 57% of the housing market, followed by apartments in low rise buildings of less than five stories at 18%. Duplexes account for 13% and row houses 12% of property types. Roughly 57% of the homes are occupied by homeowners.
Two public schools service the area. One, the Lauderdale Elementary School is part of the Edmonton Public School System. The second school is the Ecole Pere-Lacombe, a French Immersion Catholic School. The Grand Trunk Arena, Fitness and Leisure Centre are located near the north west corner of Lauderdale.
Lorelei, the residential neighbourhood with the charming name is located in the Castle Downs district of north Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Castle Downs Road skirts the northern and western borders, 97th Street frames the east and the south shares its edge with Beaumaris Road and 160th Avenue.
Canadian Forces Base Edmonton is just north of the neighbourhood and accessed from 97th Street. Travelling south on the same 97th Street leads into Edmonton’s downtown core and the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.
Most of the homes in Lorelei were built in the 1970s and 1980s. Single family homes make up 57% of the inventory, followed by row houses at 35%, apartments in buildings of less than five stories at 10% and duplexes at 8%. Almost 75% of the homes are owner occupied.
Lorelei Elementary School, part of the Edmonton Public School System services the area. Lorelei Day Care and Lorelei Beaumaris Playschool are conveniently nearby. Lorelei Park, Beaumaris Park and Beaumaris Lake all offer open green space and recreational outlets. Castle Downs Park and Castle Downs Arena are just over Lorelei’s western border. Lake Beaumaris Shopping Mall is located in the south western corner of the neighbourhood.
Located in the Pallisades area of north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada the residential neighbourhood of Oxford is a fairly new development. Construction began in the second half of the 1980s and continued throughout the 1990s. Over 90% of the homes are single family properties. The remaining 10% are duplexes. Almost 88% of the homes in Oxford are occupied by their owners.
Oxford’s southern boundary is 153rd Avenue, the northern is 167th Avenue and the east is 127th Street. The western edge is considered to be one half block west of 132nd Street. The neighbourhood is surrounded by the Pallisades to the north, Dunluce to the east, Carlton to the west and Cumberland to the south.
The closest schools are the Lorelei Elementary School, a part of the Edmonton Public School System and two Catholic Schools. Carlisle Playschool and Castle Downs Daycare are nearby. Shopping is available to the south at the Kensington Cross, Castle Downs Mall and White Oaks Square shopping malls. Castle Downs Park and Arena are just to the east via 153rd Avenue.
Pembina is a “U” shaped neighbourhood in north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It is largely commercial with a small number of homes located in walk up apartment buildings of less than five stories. Almost all residential construction was completed in the late 1990s and consists largely of rental properties.
The neighbourhood of Hudson sits within the arms of the “U” with the base running parallel to 137th Avenue. The western border is 142nd Street and the eastern is 127th Street. It is surrounded by a mixture of industrial areas and residential subdivisions. Cumberland, largely residential, lies to the north. Barrow, to the north east and Kensington to the south east are also residential neighbours. Wellington is its southern residential neighbour. The McArthur Industrial area is to the south west and Rampart Industrial is to the north west.
The closest schools are McArthur Elementary, part of the Edmonton Public Schools and two Catholic schools in the Wellington area. The closest shopping is at the Kensington Cross, Castle Downs Mall and White Oakes Square to the east via 137th Avenue. Castle Downs Park and Castle Downs Arena are to the north east via 127th Street to 153rd Avenue.
The neighbourhood of Prince Charles, located in the north west section of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is named for the Prince of Wales. The Yellowhead Trail forms the northern border, 127th Street flanks the west and 121st Street the east. 118th Avenue veers to the south east and becomes Kingsway Avenue.
The area was originally subdivided in 1905 with some residential construction being completed before the end of World War II. Almost 13% of the homes were completed before 1946, with the majority being built between 1946 and 1960, almost 71%. The remainder were built between 1961 and 1980, when the development was considered complete.
Almost 79% of the homes are single family residences, followed by duplexes at 17%. Less than 3% of homes are in apartments in low rise buildings of less than five stories. Over 64% of homes are occupied by their owners. The population is considered somewhat mobile, with 42% being at the same address for at least five years.
Kingsway Avenue leads to shopping at Kingsway Garden Mall, the Royal Alexandra Hospital and the downtown core. Edmonton City Centre Airport is to the east. The Prince Charles Elementary School, part of the Edmonton Public School System is the closest educational facility. Prince Charles Park is a bit of green space in the centre of the area.
The residential area of Rosslyn is located in north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It is conveniently located near shopping at Northgate Center and North Town Mall. More shopping is available to the west via 137th Avenue at Kensington Cross, Castle Downs Mall and White Oakes Square.
The northern boundary of Rosslyn is 137th Avenue. The east is bordered by 97th Street, the south by 132nd Avenue and the west by 113th Street. Heading south on 97th Street leads to the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology and the downtown core; heading north leads to the Canadian Forces Base, Edmonton.
Almost 33% of the homes were built between 1946 and 1960. An additional 52% were built during the 1960s, with the remainder added in the 1970s. Development was considered virtually complete by 1980. Single family homes make up 73% of the area’s residences followed by rented apartments in buildings of less than five stories and duplexes each making up 11%. The remainder are row houses. 74% of homes are lived in by their owners.
Three schools service the area. The Scott Robertson Elementary School and the Rosslyn Junior High School are both part of the Edmonton Public School System. A private school, the Choice for Change Junior Senior High School is also available.
Located in north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, the neighbourhood of Sherbrooke got its start before the end of World War II. Almost 5% of its housing was completed before 1946. From 1946 to 1960 almost 66% of the residential housing inventory was completed. The remaining homes were built in the 1960s and 1970s with the area considered complete by 1980.
Sherbrooke is bordered on the north by the Yellowhead Trail and on the east by 127th Street. St. Albert Trail frames the west and 118th Avenue is the southern border. 118th Avenue turns into Kingsway Avenue as you travel east, leading to Kingsway Garden Mall, the Royal Alexandra Hospital and Edmonton’ s downtown core. The St. Albert Trail gives access to Westmount Center, the University of Alberta and Whyte Avenue to the south.
The single family home accounts for 73% of the housing inventory in Sherbrooke. Row houses and rental apartments in low rise buildings of less than five stories each make up 13% of homes. 66% of residences are occupied by their owners. The population is considered rather mobile, since only 48% of the residences have been at the same address for five years or more.
Two schools service the area. The Sherbrooke School is part of the Edmonton Public School System and the St Pius X Catholic Elementary is a private alternative. Sherbrooke Park in the centre of the neighbourhood provides a bit of green space.
Located in north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, the residential neighbourhood of Wellington is home to the Wellington Community Centre, a fixture of the community since 1958. The northern border is 137th Avenue, the eastern 127th Street and to the south is 132nd Avenue. The western border is considered to be one half block west of 141st Street.
Construction in the area began just after World War II, with 66% of the homes being built between 1946 and 1960. An additional 25% were built in the 1960s. Development was considered complete by 1970. The most common type of home is the single family residence, accounting for 76% of the housing inventory. Row houses account for 16%, followed by apartments in low rises of five stories or less at 5% and duplexes at 2%. Almost 79% of homes are occupied by their owners.
Three schools are in Wellington. McArthur Elementary is part of the Edmonton Public School System. St. Angela Catholic Elementary School and Sri John Thompson Catholic Junior High School are both part of the Edmonton Catholic Schools. Wellington Junior High is just over the eastern border of 127th Street.
The area is known for the many mature parks in the neighbourhood including Wellington Park and the Albert G. Nikel Park.
Woodcroft is located in north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The area is surrounded by a combination of light industrial and residential areas. The northern border is 118th Avenue, 111th Avenue frames the south and 142ndt Street the west. Groat Road runs along the eastern boundary.
The Huff Bremner Industrial Estate and Dominion Industrial areas are to the west and north west. The residential areas surrounding Woodcroff are Dovercourt to the north, Sherbrooke to the north east, Inglewood to the east, Westmount and North Glenora to the south and McQueen to the south west.
Coronation Park takes up a considerable amount of the southwest quarter of the area. It is home to the Telus World of Science (formerly known as the Edmonton Space and Sciences Centre) a large public swimming pool, ice arena, lawn bowling court and a small football arena.
Ross Sheppard High School, located between Coronation Park and the Westmount Center, the first major shopping mall in Edmonton, is part of the Edmonton Public School System. Two other schools, the Woodcroft Public Elementary School and the St. Mark Catholic School service the area. The Woodcroft Branch of the Edmonton Public Library is also available.